LOOK AT TINUBU’s CABINET AS GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE
Lai Mohammed, Chief of Staff from Kwara.
Yemi Osinbajo, Attorney General from Ogun.
Wale Edun, Finance Commissioner from Ogun.
Dele Alake Commissioner for Information from Ekiti
Rauf Aregbesola Commissioner for Works from Osun State.
Ben Akabueze, Commissioner for Budget and Planning from Anambra State.
Femi Lanlehin, SA from Oyo State.
Aurthur Worrey Commissioner for Land from Delta State.
Hon. James Abiodun Faleke, third term Federal House of Representatives member, Representatiing Ikeja Federal Constituency – From Kogi State
To name a few.
For the eight years that he ruled Lagos, he hired several guys to work with him. Apart from using them to work in his government, he also groomed them politically.
Twelve years down the line, see where those Tinubu guys are today –
1. Prof Yemi Osinbajo, SAN was Tinubu’s Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice. He is today, Nigeria’s Vice President.
2. Rauf Aregbesola was Tinubu’s Commissioner for Works. Today he is a Minister after serving 8 years as Governor of Osun State.
3. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN was Tinubu’s Chief of Staff. Today he is a Minister after 8 years as governor of Lagos State.
4. Alhaji Lai Mohammed was Tinubu’s first Chief of Staff and Commissioner. Today, he is a Minister of Information.
5. Babatunde Fowler was appointed by Tinubu as Chairman of the Lagos State Internal Revenue Service. He is the immediate past Federal Inland Revenue Service Executive Chairman.
7. Sunday Dare was SA/ COS to Tinubu, today he is a Minister.
8. Babajide Sanwo-Olu was Tinubu’s Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, he is now Governor of Lagos State.
At the National Assembly, there are countless “Tinubu boys” who have occupied and are still occupying seats till today including N0 4 citizen of Nigeria, Speaker, House of Reps.
Since 1999, the Tinubu camp has produced almost 98% of the members of the National Assembly from Lagos State.
Forget politics, this man is a political enigma.
Rewind to 1999, I am sure most of us have forgotten the names of the People who were elected Governors when he was elected governor too, some of them have gone into political extinction or gasping for breath politically.
Indeed, most of them are no longer relevant today.
Tinubu has not only managed to remain extremely relevant, he has continued to control Lagos politics 100%.
Not only that, he manages to carry his boys along and today they occupy critical positions in our national life.
Take it or leave it, Tinubu is today, Nigeria’s most powerful politician. It didn’t just happen by chance. He worked very hard for it. Very very hard.
The hallmark of a true leader is not just the ability to rule well but also the ability to nurture and groom associates.
Tinubu is not like some other politicians in Nigeria, He is a goal getter…..
There is nothing he touches that doesn’t excel..yes he stole agreed, but who is a saint in the Nigerian political terrain. He stole and empowered..they say Lagos has big wallet, What about the governors of oil producing state with biggest allocations since 1999, where are they today and their followers ????
– AD excelled,
– ACN excelled and
– APC is excelling..
– TVC is one of the top TV stations in Nigeria and, The Nation is one of the leading newspapers in Nigeria.
The APC bigwig also owns 5 star hotels and estates in Lagos.
– He makes people,
– He follows up on them.
– He forgives routinely,
– He fights to teach not to kill
– He is a Pillar of Democracy,
– A Mentor of great men.
JAGABAN is a great man.