Let congratulates our readers in advance for seeing the end of the year, we are getting towards the last month of the year. recall that we published in our tabloid the prophecies of Gov,Ayodele Fayose , Executive governor of Ekiti.
kindly re read his predictions for 2016, and see if his ‘prophecies’ has come to past
Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, yesterday led clergymen in the state in prayer, during the prayer session which held at the government office in Ado Ekiti, the governor made some prophesies about what will happen in Nigeria in 2016. Here are the prophesies…
• Workers strike: There will be so much industrial unrest, especially in the first quarter of the year.
• Subsidy: There will be removal of fuel subsidy and petrol will sell over and above N100/litre, leaving the masses in more serious hardship. Product will not be available and long queue in petrol stations will persist throughout the first quarter of 2016 and beyond.
• Electricity: Power generation will drop to the lowest ebb. Still, federal government will increase tariff in 2016.
• Unemployment: Millions of jobs will be lost in 2016 as against the three million jobs promised by the APC yearly. Most states and federal government will retrench workers as evident in the over 2,000 federal university workers already sacked.
• Economic policy: Most private owned middle-class businesses will fold up because of bad economic policies of the Buhari-led government.
• Devaluation: The naira will continue to have a free fall which will take it to as low as N320 to one dollar.
• Economy: The Buhari-led federal government will have no solution to country’s economic problems.
• Security: Boko Haram will keep spreading and the Shiite Muslims will get more emboldened.
• Human rights: Penchant for dictatorship will rise with rampant human rights abuses and disobedience to court orders.
• Anti-corruption: Insincerity in the fight against corruption will continue and the fight will not only be selective and political, but targeted more at southerners.
• Elections: Attempt to forcefully control any of the South-south states of Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Bayelsa by the APC will lead to unprecedented deaths.
• Economy: Crude oil price will fall to below and about $30 per barrel.
• Anti-press laws: The masses, especially men of the media profession will rise against the federal government’s plot to deny Nigerians of their rights to freedom of expression. There will wide, condemnations by Nigerians and the International community against President Buhari’s human rights abuses and disobedience to court orders.
• Polity: Renewed efforts will be made to remove Senator Bukola Saraki as the Senate President; this will not only fail, but will heat the polity.
• Hardships: Nigerians will experience more hardships. The president himself attested to this (The SUN Newspaper Tuesday, December 15, 2015). This obviously negates the change Nigerians voted for.
• Elections: Plot by the APC to take control of at least one South-south state will lead to death of many people. Particularly, rerun elections in Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States will cause many deaths.
• Corruption: Halliburton scam may be revisited in 2016.
• Kogi State: Court will sack governor-elect, Yahaya Bello. Bayelsa State: Governor Seriake Dickson will win the supplementary election.Taraba State: Governor Darius Ishaku will be victorious at the court.
• Politics: There will be subtle political alignment and realignment before the end of the year ahead of 2019 elections.
Urging the men of God to pray fervently for the state and country to recover from the present economic doldrums, Fayose said: “You know when the economy is sick, the church is sick as well.
“I received the worst allocation this December. The state got N1.3 billion, while we need N2.6billion to pay salaries. So, I urge you to continue to pray for the country’s quick economic revival.
“Though, not that I have not noticed some financial recklessness perpetrated in the past, but I promised not to probe because it constitutes a distraction.