The Ondo State governor-elect, Rotimi Akeredolu has made it known to journalists while receiving his certificate of return that he will look back at the actions and inaction of the Administration of his predecessor if need be ,
Akeredolu said despite his decision not to probe the administration of the outgoing governor, Olusegun Mimiko, he would not close his eyes if he stumbled upon established cases of wrongdoing in the course of carrying out his responsibilities as governor.
He explained that what he said on the matter was that he would not deliberately go out to probe Mimiko’s administration.
He said, “At the centre, the government of President Buhari said we must look back in order to move forward, he has been there for over a year now, has he instituted a probe?
“Looking back is not a probe and I maintain that I will not probe any administration. This is responsible leadership and I am elected to lead the people.
“The task ahead of us is enormous than for us to start instituting probes. My own is not to institute any probe against the last administration and that is what President Buhari has done.
“But if we find out that wrongs were committed, we have enough laws of the land to take care of people who have committed wrongs.
“As we start our work, as we go ahead, if there is any semblance of ‘Dasukigate’ in the state, the law will take its course. That is different from probing. We will follow what Mr. President is doing at the centre.”
The governor-elect also promised to implement his manifesto in line with the reality on the ground.
That, he said, did not mean that he would not deliver on all the five cardinal programmes he promised the people.
On Senator Yele Omogunwa who left the PDP for the APC, Akeredolu said the lawmaker had joined his campaign trail and that he only formalised his defection on the Senate floor on Wednesday.
He said it would have been wrong for the lawmaker to remain in a factionalised party like the PDP.
Lalong had earlier said that he was in the Presidential Villa to present the governor-elect and his deputy to the President.
He said he would also be visiting the national headquarters of the APC to do the same thing to party leaders.
The governor-elect again said the APC was not responsible for the confusion over the candidacy of the PDP ahead of the election.
He said, “It was not the APC that went to court neither was it the APC that gave the judgment, all we saw was friction or conflict between the PDP and the PDP.
“If that judgment was going to help the APC, so be it. But we were not parties to the case for somebody to even assume that the APC was responsible for denying somebody.
“The APC is not the court; the court is a separate arm. I am saying that as far as we are concerned, the APC was not responsible for denying anybody the right to contest that election.”