Home / News / 6 Confirmed Dead As suicide bombers invade Maiduguri Again
boko haram killed

6 Confirmed Dead As suicide bombers invade Maiduguri Again

The Borno State Police Command, Friday confirmed the death of six people following a twin bomb blast that occurred in Maiduguri Friday morning.

Speaking with reporters in Maiduguri, the State Police Commissioner, Damian Chukwu, disclosed that the bombs went off along the Maiduguri-Gamboru road.

Recall that two suicide bombers had earlier killed themselves while the police arrested the third.

Reacting to the attack, Chukwu said, “Aside from the explosion near a mobile police location in Jiddari, we had two other suicide bombings along Maiduguri-Gamboru road.

“In the first case, a suspected male suicide bomber detonated his explosive after he was stopped at the entrance of the Muna Garage, killing himself instantly.”

He said another suspected male suicide bomber detonated his explosive on the same road few meters away, killing himself and two local vigilantes called Civilian JTF.

“In all, we recorded six deaths, comprising four suspected bombers and two vigilantes,” he said

“This is about the sixth or seventh suspected suicide attack in the last couple of days, the police and other security agents are working hard to stop the ugly trend,” he added

Check Also

buhari

Rivers Rerun Election: Buhari Speaks At Last!

President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday directed security agencies to deal decisively with troublemakers who may …